Sunday, July 19, 2009

6 Months


Today is LM's 6 month birthday...I can't even believe it! In a way it seems like time has flown by and in other ways it seems like she's just been with us forever. Either way you look at it, we are just so in love with this little girl. She continues to bring us such joy each and every day. Here she is on her "big" day. We celebrated with a family dinner and some birthday cake. Lauren Margaret can't wait to dive into a cake of her own...6 more months to go! Slow down, Mr. Clock...I'm not ready for my baby to grow up!

LM (in her birthday suit) with the 6 arrangements her Nana and Daddy Jim sent her and her little 6 month birthday cake.

Stats:
16 pounds, 11 ounces
25 3/4 inches

Here are some things she enjoys doing these days:
-Playing on the quilt down on the floor with all of her toys
-Sitting up and playing with her toys.
-Grabbing for things - she can get to anything...she's twists and turns and scoops it right up!
-Chewing on Sophie
-Holding her little blanket and babydoll (she puts the babydoll to her mouth...I think she's trying to give her a kiss)
-Jumping in her Jumperroo
-Playing in the Exersaucer
-Riding in the car
-Boat rides
-Watching Lucy and Gi Gi walk by her (she follows their every move when they are around)
-Scooting (she's a quick little thing). She is seconds away from crawling...any moment now...yikes!
-Talking (has so much to say especially when she wakes up - I wonder what she dreams about).
-Eating rice cereal (she eats once a day around 5:00)
-Eating sweet potatoes, bananas, peas, apples (her favorites are the peas - she just can't get enough of them). We will start carrots next (trying to alternate between veggies and fruits every three days)
-Swimming
-Taking baths in her pink ducky bathtub
-Reading books (likes to touch the books and look at the pages...really likes the ones with other children's faces)
-Patty cake, patty cake
-Peek-a-boo games
-Silly voices...we can really get the giggles going with these
-Playing with her Daddy - she just lights up when she sees him
-Looking at faces (in the mirror and in person)...gets the biggest smile everytime she sees someone
- Grabbing noses, touching faces, pulling hair (ouch)
- Making raspberry sounds with her mouth...quite loud actually...can be a bit embarrassing depending on where we are :) It's really funny, and she does it with such intensity...what a little lady - ha!
-Snuggling. Even though she getting bigger, she still likes our mommy and me time when I'm feeding her. I wouldn't trade these moments for anything in the world! This is the time where it feels just like the first few times I ever held her. Oh, how I hope this will last!

1 comment:

The Varner Family said...

Lauren is adorable! I would love to get together sometime. Hopefully we will be down to Dallas sometime soon!