Saturday, September 26, 2009

8 Months Old


As of September 20th, Lauren Margaret is eight months old! This last month I was busy learning to keep up with Miss Thing. She's a fast little booger. I think I'm learning to stay one step ahead, so that's a good thing. Of course, this is after lots of time being one step behind...resulting in some bumps and bruises as she is cruising all around everything and taking steps from one piece of furniture to the next!

"Is she always that happy?"...I get asked that a lot...even from strangers out and about. The answer is YES, she really is. She's loves being around her friends and playing around the house with us. She enjoys going out to eat and shopping at the grocery store where there are plenty of people she can "talk to", flirt with, etc. She's very content and hope she will always be so easy going and happy go lucky! Here are some other things she's up to:

-Cruising around coffee table and taking steps from coffee table to couch
-Walking with her "walker" all over the place
-Bear crawling - she's so fast! It's funny to watch!
-Favorite toys include her new baby doll who she kisses and talks to...so cute, any teething toys she can find, books...very interested in them right now
-Likes to bang things together and takes things out of her pail and put them back in....likes the dumping out part the best...basically likes to make the mess! That's the most fun, right?
-Eating puffs...able to pick them up with her fingers and eat them all by herself...she's very proud of this and claps when she does it!
-Climbing up and down everything including stairs (uh oh!)
-Talking up a storm...talks all day long...ma ma, da da, ga, ga, ya ya, and some other strands of sounds in what I call a loud monster voice that I can't understand
-Waves hi and bye to everyone and everything she sees (including the shampoo bottle in the tub) - so funny!
-Enjoys going to Kindermusik on Wednesdays
-Likes swinging in her swing in the yard
-Likes playing with the dogs...chases after them all over the house
-Down to two naps now (usually 10-12, 2-4, except on Wednesdays when I wake her up early so she can nap early before music class).
-Goes to bed around 7:30 pm and wakes up around 8:30 am
-Enjoying life and having fun which makes us so happy!


1 comment:

Rikki said...

Sweet, sweet girl!! She is absolutely precious. I can't wait to see you all again in just a couple of weeks!